Friday 11 January 2013

Focus Group

A couple of days ago, Miss Mottram told us to create a focus group analysing music magazines of my chosen genre. I've chosen 'Contemporary Soul' however, due to that being really specific, I've chosen to analyse 'R'n'B & Soul' magazines.

Here are the questions I'm going to ask the people taking part in my focus group.
The video will be uploaded soon!



 
Contemporary Soul
Questions

Front Covers
· When you look at this two front cover what genre do think this is?
· What attracts you to the front cover of a magazine? Is it the image? Pull quotes? Colours? Font?
· What does the price mean to you? Do you feel that you will buy magazines for this price. If not what is the maximum you will pay?
 
Contents
· What attracts you to the contents page of a magazine? Is it the images? Pull quotes? Colours? Font?
· Do you read the text on this page? If not what do you want on there to make you more attracted to reading it?
 
Double Page spread
· Do you prefer seeing a lot of text or a big picture on a double page spread
· How does a double page spread draw you in? Through images or text
· Do you know the genre of the magazine from looking at it.
· How does the way the artist is dressed and the location of the image help you understand the genre? Does it?
· Are pull quotes and standfirsts important to you? Does make you feel connected to the artist or magazine more.
· Do you prefer to read these other than articles?
 
This will help me wih my magazine because I am going to review what the people have said and try to use their likes, dislikes and thoughts to guide and direct me to producing the best magazine I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment