Monday 28 January 2013

Collage of Male Soul Artists



Doing more research into Soul music I realised that most of the artists’ pictures have been taken in black and white. I think this is mainly to do with the time period soul music was about, there weren’t many coloured pictures being taken. In the 21st century soul artists still use greyscale in a lot of their pictures. Apart from greyscale soul artist take pictures using sepia and earthy colours like greens, browns, reds and oranges. Most pictures seem to be in a photography studio or sometimes on a stage or by an instrument.  From this I collected images of male Soul artists and made a collage. This will benefit me when it comes to posing my feature artists, the location and the colours schemes I am going to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment